Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

clicking

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by r05c03, Jul 29, 2005.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Greetings. I have a question and I did not see my exact problem addressed by a search. I am playing an Ibanez semi-hollow Artcore strung with Rotosound Monel77 flats. I am having problems with me strings clicking. The strings are not striking the pickup, and they are not clicking against other frets as far as I can tell. Thus I am not sure if the action is too low. The clicking noise actually occurs when I release pressure from the strings after fretting note. The bass did this when I had the stock strings as well, but rather than a distinct click, it was more like a very short acute buzz, as if the string was buzzing against the fret that I just played on just as I am releasing pressure from the string. I have adjusted the action and truss rod slightly and the problem seems to have remained the same. Thanks for your advice.

2. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    I guess I found some answers upon a more careful search. It either comes down to technique or set-up. I will take a another look at the set up and try some different techniques. Thanks.