1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

clicking

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by r05c03, Jul 29, 2005.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Greetings. I have a question and I did not see my exact problem addressed by a search. I am playing an Ibanez semi-hollow Artcore strung with Rotosound Monel77 flats. I am having problems with me strings clicking. The strings are not striking the pickup, and they are not clicking against other frets as far as I can tell. Thus I am not sure if the action is too low. The clicking noise actually occurs when I release pressure from the strings after fretting note. The bass did this when I had the stock strings as well, but rather than a distinct click, it was more like a very short acute buzz, as if the string was buzzing against the fret that I just played on just as I am releasing pressure from the string. I have adjusted the action and truss rod slightly and the problem seems to have remained the same. Thanks for your advice.

2. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    I guess I found some answers upon a more careful search. It either comes down to technique or set-up. I will take a another look at the set up and try some different techniques. Thanks.