1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    I'm in Europe but not even in one of EU countries, still support was great despite customs and borders. Sometimes through German Thomann (a longer way) and sometimes directly from Sandberg.

And good thing! Part of a broken Allen wrench from my bridge saddle is out, due to my luthiers fine tools and precise maneuvering:bassist::hyper:

a-37, TK4261, Cuzzie and 1 other person like this.
  2. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    thats good news. Its all about the tools!

3. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    I'm interested in Sandberg Basses but I don't have understand the difference between a California VM a Classic Vm that in same configuration have the same price. What weight of them? Which sonic characteristic of them?

And also interested in Booster Classic that seem to be little less versatile but with his tonal character did you try it? Thanks

4. MN - Bass Dad

MN - Bass Dad Commercial User

Mar 19, 2020
    I currently am a consultant/rep for Sandberg Guitars. I used to work at Chicago Music Exchange.
    Hey All,

My name is Marc and I am the Brand Manager for Sandberg Guitars in North America. Mike, obviously, did a fantastic job putting Sandberg on the map in the US (he was my rep when I opened/ran the BASSment at Chicago Music Exchange).

It has been a newer process in getting things settled, and I am happy to report that things are now up and running on our end (admittedly a bumpy process getting orientation on my end).

If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I will happily get things resolved as quickly as possible. I will also be circling around to the dealers we have in North America to make sure they are situated with these kinds of things.

Thank you all for your support!

bdplaid, Sascha Erni, Benko and 11 others like this.
  5. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hey Marc,
    That's great news indeed! Even great basses need great support, and it sounds like they found the right man for the job. Out of interest, will you be maintaining a small inventory of the most common parts? Also, will you be able to share your contact information with us soon? Especially at the Sandberg Club here on TB.
    L

MN - Bass Dad likes this.
  6. MN - Bass Dad

MN - Bass Dad Commercial User

Mar 19, 2020
    I currently am a consultant/rep for Sandberg Guitars. I used to work at Chicago Music Exchange.
    That's my plan, and we are working on it as we speak! It has been a process. Feel free to message me privately with what you need!

7. Have you guys seen the Sandberg Instagram page lately?

Notice anything interesting?

upload_2020-3-19_15-20-21.png

Jughead6, BrentSimons and RolandMHall like this.
  8. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I'm old. Don't do IG

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. Hey it's Marc! :) That's awesome! :)

What's going on my little sugar blossom! ;)

Great to have a face to connect with a great product! Although we miss your CME bass videos! :)
    Best wishes,
    Brent

GregC likes this.
  10. Wittle headstock? But with wait...1,2,3,4,5...holy moley its a a 6 string!:bassist::hyper: Californian?

phillipkregg likes this.
  11. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks for checking in Marc; Mike was great to work with!

I have a VS 4 that was made during a period when there was no passive option.
    I do have the schematic but have been unsuccessful locating the proper push / pull pot.
    When you get settled, it would be great to have a source to purchase one.

Also, will Sandberg make a 4 string neck with a 1 5/8" nut?
    I realize the majority of players like a 1 1/2" nut but it makes my hand cramp.
    Lastly, is it possible to order a Classic with a P pickup? (it's not offered in the configurator)

For other VS4 owners:
    How do you like the bass in passive mode?
    For me these basses are far too bright and the center freq. is very high (for my use and yes I just turn the treble control way down). OTOH, I really like the bass center freq..
    Mine is 8.5 lbs. and plays as well (or better) than my Spector, Lakland, or SR.
    Such a killer bass for the money!

MN - Bass Dad and BrentSimons like this.
  12. I find the VS far too bright in either mode and need to turn the treble right down to use it. I was considering ripping out the pre amp and pickup and replacing it with a passive only loom and getting a more vintage sounding pickup. Its a great playing and feeling bass and I`m kind of reluctant to rip the guts from it.

BrentSimons likes this.
  13. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    I did that with my VS4. I put an EMG Geezer Butler passive vintage style P pickup with the included solderless wiring loom and added a Stellartone that I had kicking about for the 3rd control. Sounds great now. It's my primary recording bass (strung with Dunlop flats).

eccles77 and BrentSimons like this.
  14. Hmmm ...I love a twangy bass. Maybe Sandberg should be my next stop?

MN - Bass Dad and Jughead6 like this.
  15. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Anybody use the stock VS4 pup with 250K pots and a cap like a Fender?

16. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    I tried it but it was still trebly. Sounded fine in my series 1 VM4 though. My series 2 VS4 is 7.5 lbs as oppose to the 9.1 lbs of my old VM. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Jim C likes this.
  17. Soon it will be here ;) D6C5A32B-FE87-404D-B2B5-B6D061205220.png

DJ '65, Shlabotnik and TK4261 like this.
  18. nbass03

nbass03

May 5, 2012
    Montreal
    Hi,
    I have a California TT with Delano Pickups and the active/passive push/pull volume and I would like to know if it's possible to switch it to have the active preamp working when I pull and the passive mode when pushed ?

I play more in passive mode.
    P.S correct me if i'm not in the right thread with my question :p

Thanks

19. All you need is to change the wires on the push-put pot. I did it on the other basses.

20. nbass03

nbass03

May 5, 2012
    Montreal