1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. nbass03 likes this.
  2. nbass03

nbass03

May 5, 2012
    Montreal
    Thanks !!

3. MN - Bass Dad

MN - Bass Dad Commercial User

Mar 19, 2020
    I currently am a consultant/rep for Sandberg Guitars. I used to work at Chicago Music Exchange.

Shoot me a PM and let me see what we can do about the push/pull pot. Also, we can do the 1 5/8" nut width. It just is a bit of an upcharge (which we can discuss more options in the PM). And yes, you can get a Classic model with a split coil (also for a small upcharge).

Thank you for your patience! I live in Chicago and Illinois is currently on a shelter-in-place order (which means I'm on daddy-duty with my son as my wife works in the medical field and is doing VERY important work right now).

TB24, GregC, equill and 3 others like this.
  4. NBD today! Sandberg TT5 Passive, bought it used from Bassdirect.uk, it is still in mint condition. Adjusted the action and neck relief, plays and sounds excellent! The fretwork is awesome, like on a bass with double the price. A question to the group - do you install some strap locks on your Sandberg basses or just use the strap pins? I am used to strap locks cause I prefer my basses securely fixed on strap...

Attached Files:

TB24, Jim C, kasbrey and 3 others like this.
  5. MN - Bass Dad

Mar 19, 2020
    I currently am a consultant/rep for Sandberg Guitars. I used to work at Chicago Music Exchange.
    Schaller's actually work with the stock strap buttons...

TB24, Shlabotnik and BrentSimons like this.
  6. Good to know, thanks! That’s an easy fix.

7. hardtop

hardtop Supporting Member

Speaking of...
    Here is Sandberg Forty Eight in action. Check out this performance of heavy goodness by our man Marc. Like watching a concert from your home :)

TB24, Obrad Lacarac, chanson and 8 others like this.
  8. MN - Bass Dad

Mar 19, 2020

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. Shlabotnik

Shlabotnik Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2019
    NH
    I'm one of those arrogant jerks that doesn't like 95% of the music posted here (or anywhere) but this is awesome. Is your drummer available for cloning?

10. DiscoRiceJ

DiscoRiceJ Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Awesome. One of my bands did a similar live thing last week. Probably the last time we will see each other in person for a while.

MN - Bass Dad and hardtop like this.
  11. MN - Bass Dad

Mar 19, 2020
    thank you!

once we figure out this pandemic, i'll talk to Science to see if we can clone him ;-)

GregC, BrentSimons, equill and 2 others like this.
  12. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks Marc,
    So amazing you guys can entertain different build requests.
    Good luck to your wife and colleagues on the front lines!
    Visited Chicago 2 years ago and had to stop by to see CME.
    Had a nice chat with Alex L. and tried a couple Sandbergs.
    Flew home the next day and called the shop to buy one; freakin' possessed bass.
    Stay safe.

13. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    This happens often Jim lol. You stop into CME and before you know it you're wondering how many of your kids do you have to sell to the gear you can't live without lol. :)

Jim C likes this.
  14. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Hey fellow Sandburgies :) It's been a few months since membership numbers have been issued. If'd you'd like a number and have posted pictures of your Sandberg Bass in this thread let me know and I'll get you one. :) Thomas

15. I was just wondering whether the term was "Sandbergers", too :)

TB24 and BrentSimons like this.
  16. Do these count?
    20200325_052047.jpg

GregC, TB24, DJ '65 and 4 others like this.
  17. Does this count? ;) BED1C4FE-CFE2-4F57-822C-38333353FE3E.jpeg DB2863CF-F172-425F-BBC1-90C07957117D.jpeg 6BEF8CA8-FDC7-4EEF-A9FF-1C515B3FB208.jpeg E1B60B0C-F05C-466F-A7E5-15E5F8752457.jpeg

DanielW, GregC, TB24 and 4 others like this.
  18. DiscoRiceJ

DiscoRiceJ Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    What are you running for tuning and strings on the 48?

19. I use Fender 9050L flatwounds and EADG tuning on all my Bergs.

20. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Jughead6 likes this.