1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cold hands

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Oskar Alex, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Hi Janek! I have a question about cold hands related to performing music. I realize this is a problem associated with nervousness and that it will eventually go away with enough live performance experience. I just want to know what your experiences with this phenomenon have been.

Was it a big problem for a long time? Did it go away to some degree and then come back when you started to play with your heroes in New York? Maybe it was never a problem? I'm curious! :) Thanks!

2. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    this was a big problem for me although it wasn't associated with nerves.... it was literally cold hands... and not taking care of my hands in the cold weather when I was going to play at some point that day. Also eating well helped me overcome that too, getting blood flowing through the body and not feeling weak when I was about to play.

Janek

3. jsllim

jsllim

Feb 5, 2009
    9c
    hey janek,

just a quick question. im very interested in becoming a member on your website to get access to all of your lessons which look amazing, but i know this is probably stupid but does monthly just mean just for that month, and quarterly for 3 months? sorry i just want to know before i make the decision.

thanks and cant wait to join!

4. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    Hi,

The current membership levels of Monthly and Quarterly are recurring memberships. So you pay $39 per one month period or $59 per three month period until you cancel your membership. So it's up to the member how long they want to stay subscribed. The payments will be made automatically until you cancel them.

Looking forward to seeing you on the site and in the forum.

Thanks,

Janek

5. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

I live in a warmer climate than you do, but it still gets pretty cold here in the winter. I get cold fingers when I'm gigging and I found that eating cayenne pepper on a regular basis as a seasoning in yer food will greatly help circulation....you should try it. Not sure if you eat that kind of stuff or can get it in Sweden but you should be able to. )-(