1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comment on Youtube Rocco Prestia Vid..

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by albertofrog, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I was just surfing for some funk style inspiration on youtube and came across this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agqo3aOahOc

but what really got me was this comment on the vid...

"When I first got started on bass, I tried to be flashy. We were playing this old country dive outside Yazoo City, MS and I was showing my butt. I noticed this old black man watching me, with a big frown on his face. During a break I walked over to him to see what was wrong. He shook his head and said "Boy, bass players and drummers 'sposed to make like a catfish and hang out on the bottom." I never forgot it. Rocco mastered it."

:):) made me smile anyway....

2. AntBass1

AntBass1

Feb 10, 2010
    LOL, sounds like a corny movie from the 50's... Cool tho

3. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    This is hip, hipper than hip, good stuff. Rocco is right on the money with his comment. Catfish....good 1

4. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    In my second band ever (just out of high school) I received the same kind of feedback from the band leader, an older cat from Oakland who used to hang the TOP guys before they blew up.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020