1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comments on the Carvin RL210T - Best Kept Secret

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adrian zvarych, Nov 29, 2018.

1. adrian zvarych

adrian zvarych

Nov 29, 2018
    So I've owned this little gem for about 8 years, picking it up in a pawn shop off the beaten path in rural south Georgia. It was nearly new with a cover. Sounded great in the shop. Couldn't believe how light it was, and the sound. I've used it as both a stand alone cabinet with my GK 400RB-III head, and as the top cabinet in a biamped setup with a JBL 2245 driven by a Class D Crown amp, crossed-over at about 120Hz for five-string bass in R&B, jazz, and church venues. I've also used it with my Guild acoustic guitar. The horn is nice and sweet, a little reminiscent of the legacy JBL PA systems - not sharp or bitey, but nice and sweet. In a pinch, I've even used it as a PA cabinet for vocals, entertaining a room of 150 people all dancing to R&B and jazz dance music, the vocals being understandable and clear.

If you need a really versatile cabinet and can find one of these gems in good condition, I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up. Keep in mind that this is a 2x10 cabinet rated at 400 watts. By itself it won't do the same job as a 4x10 cabinet, so don't push it to metal or ear-bleed levels. Grab two of these and stack them, or use one with a good subwoofer, and all night long both you and your listeners will be smiling the whole event...

57pbass likes this.
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I had one in the early 90’s, along with the Redeye 15 and R600 amp. Great cabs that use USA Eminence speakers, made well before Carvin changed to Chinese made speakers.

adrian zvarych likes this.