Completely shameless X-mas present to yourself thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Squidfinger, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Let's show off the x-mas presents we bought for ourselves with our own money. X-mas money from grandma doesn't count!!! It can be anything musical related.

I got this and a George L cable.

:hyper: Can't wait!!!!
  2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I got myself a second hand Lakland 55-02 Deluxe. I couldn't be happier!

Attached Files:

3. ummm I don't know if I am allowed to post my 4 chambered bong that you can hold with one hand... anyone know this?
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I haven't yet but...

I'm sending in my Trace Elliot QuatraValve to British Audio Service to be fully serviced and having them install adjustable bias pots. :hyper:

I might go ahead and get that Bad Monkey pedal I have been wanting as well! Why not, tis the season to give! :p
  5. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005

Please post a review after you have gotten into it. I read something in one of the Bass mags that sounded like it might be pretty cool. I'd like to hear what a player has to say about it.
  6. A used Brice HXB-6 is due next Thursday, & my fretless Stambaugh 7 sometime later(waiting on parts & pickups). Neither were meant to be Christmas presents, but call 'em what you will...
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I treated myself to a Yamaha DX7.
  8. Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    I think I might treat myself to an amp repair.

Actually, I bought myself some early Christmas presents a couple of weeks ago - a Behringer mini mixer and a cheap used SM57. Oh, and then there's that Stratocaster that I bought a month or two ago.

And hopefully, I'll be picking up a new acoustic guitar in the next few weeks/months...
  9. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY

Granted, I bought it 3 weeks ago, and am hoping for money from my parents on Christmas to cover it...partially at least.
  10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I picked up Joy Division's "Closer", New Order's "Substance" and a Promo copy of Einsturzende Neubauten's "Ende Neu", all used for $23. Not that shameless.

Though I'm looking to get my guitarist's Fender bassman from him. Oh momma!
  11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  12. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Bought this off classicjazz. It should be here monday + a white pearloid pickguard. This is my first bass since taking a break and selling my bass a few months ago. I was going to wait until '06 but you know how it goes :)
  13. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    An Eden rig. WT800B(on back order :spit: ) and an XLT410 Cab.
    I feel so ashamed. :bawl:
  14. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    A Yamaha QY100 sequencer and a Roland PK-5A midi pedal. Have a power trio in the works, should be good for organ and synth patches and for some sequenced parts.
  15. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I guess this qualifies. it arrived a week ago.

16. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hahaha, funny bring this up. I just picked up one of these.

IT HAS SO MUCH GAIN!!!!!!!
  17. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    An HH Ray is on order. But I did bring a new bass home tonight as a stand in.
  18. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    A killer fretless neck from my P-bass.. and treated myself to another semester of Jazz bass classes at my college hehehe
  19. DeepCalls2Deep

Jun 25, 2005
    East Texas