Compressor Dilema

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hetzer, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Hetzer

Hetzer

Sep 5, 2010
    Hi everyone!

I am in a a need for compressor pedal to even up my output signal.
    I use Yamaha RBX-1000 bass guitar with Seymour Duncan Bass Lines pickups, Boss ODB-3 bass overdrive, Marshall JSM 800 bass series and a 4x10' cabinet. We play something like death metal/grind core type of music. I always play with a pick.
    There is a choice of two pedals, Boss CS-3 and Digitech Basa Squeeze Dual Band Bass Compressor. I would usually go for Boss but I saw the reviews for Digitech are very good. If anyone has any idea which one of these would suit me better concerning my other equipment type of music and playing style, please share it with me.
    Thanks

2. Please, there is a search funtion in the top bar of the page.

Otherwise, Bongomania has a very useful site full of compressor reviews to suit everyone's needs and varying budgets.

Heres the link: http://www.ovnilab.com/

3. I'm sure one day a mod will sticky that link... one day...

4. Hetzer

Hetzer

Sep 5, 2010
    Thanx!

5. Of those two, I'd go for the BBE Optostomp.

See what I did there? ;)

6. the most popular compressors i see on here are the bbe opto stomp and ebs multi comp. i don't own either but i do have a seymour duncan double back that i really like.

7. klabur

klabur

Aug 28, 2007
    I own one, simple, relatively cheap, silent, the kind of stuff you forget ... till you turn it off ... very good choice.
    The EBSs works fine too, a little more expensive.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021