1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Compressors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Liam Wald, May 23, 2020 at 1:23 PM.

1. I am shopping for a compressor and would appreciate some recommendations.

CatOnTheBass likes this.
  2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Fuzzbass, RayWithFlats and scubaduba like this.
  3. RayWithFlats

RayWithFlats

Mar 22, 2020
    on the 1
    BIG second for this recommendation, that site was ridiculously helpful when I was comp shopping, bought a used Carl Martin Classic Opto mainly based on the review there and couldn’t be happier. I was also looking for a cheap Markbass Compressore based on the ovnilab review but got a good deal on the Carl Martin before one came up. But, yeah, there’s some really good information on those links in the previous post. Good luck on the search.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

What he said. LOTS of compressors to choose from. Help us narrow the field for you.

Also: studio or live? What's your budget?

5. I really love my diamond bass compressor, especially if you’re looking for light compression as an always on. Definitely colors your tone, but in such a pleasing way! The tilt eq is also a nice touch