1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

computer to amp?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by 1dreday, Nov 2, 2013.

1. 1dreday

1dreday Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2009
    i'm considering getting ez drummer to have backing tracks to play to, so my question is as I play the online drums whats the best way to make it louder then the tiny laptop speaker, should I just buy computer speakers, or would it be a better idea to hook my laptop to an amp?
    thanks in advance for your help

2. I hook my laptop to my practice combo all the time. Either through the headphones out or my usb interface.

3. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    For practice, some inexpensive computer speakers should work fine.

I have a USB audio interface (Scarlett) that I run through an amp and some desktop speakers, or just plug headphones into the interface. This will also allow me to mix my bass with the drums (and sometimes EZKeys) while I monitor.

4. remainthesame

remainthesame

Sep 24, 2008
    my combo has those red and white audio inputs (im sure theres an actual name but i dont know what it is) so i got an adapter and plugged into my headphone out on the laptop. very easy, and on my amp the volume of my bass and the volume of the backing track can be adjusted independently.

5. You can also go from the headphone out of your laptop to an auxiliary cable to a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch adapter to your amp. Adapters are like $2 at your music store.

6. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Get a Digitech Jamman solo, load the drums into it from your computer as wav files - full songs or loops - and Connect the pedal directly to the PA or to an amp of your choice. You can trigger it on and off with your foot, and with the add'l control pedal, which is about $35 you can scroll thru the menu to select tracks. Or get the bigger Jamman stereo unit and it does all that in one foot pedal. The Jamman will hold up to 99 tracks with each track up to 6 min long.
    Put an SD card in it and you can store 6 hrs of stuff in it. MUCH easier and smaller package to transport than a computer and you can mount it to your pedal board.

7. RCA jacks.

8. RCA jacks = phono plugs