1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Configuration thoughts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Intolerantbass, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Intolerantbass

Intolerantbass

Feb 18, 2009
    Hello TB'rs ....

I recently purchased a used Mesa Mpulse Venture600 combo which I love ..no , I LOVE . Its my first tube pre exposure and I expect bad thoughts ( full tube MESA 400+ ) to happen very soon .

I run a fairly involved effects setup and previously with my other single channel rig ( gk 700rbII + hlf 410 cab ) I messed around a bit with running the majority of the effects as well as the primary bass signal into 1/2 of a boss LS2 while at the same time running an eq + <insert various grit/dirt/fuzz > into the other half of the LS2 .

What Im trying to achieve is splitting the high gain effects from the modulation effects as well as having a 3rd signal running some fuzz/dirt . I know I can put all the flange/delay/chorus into the effects loop but since Ive only got a single channel combo am I stuck to using a Line Selector on an A/B blend mode to get the other two channels < high gain distortions, whammy etc + subtle and or occasional dirt > into the single input ?

What are my alternatives while using a single channel rig . I would rather not go to a dual channel preamp as that pretty much nullifies my Mesa purchase in the first place.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i dion't see where you have much of a choice other than the aby or line selector.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    I agree! You could go crazy and buy two more Mesa combos and have 3 sounds ready to blast off! True channel separation in that scenario.