Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CONGRATS AL!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Cambass123, Feb 16, 2006.

1. I just wanted to congratulate Al Laszlo, professor of double bass at the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, on his new position as double bass professor at The Julliard School of Music!!!!

WAY TO GO AL!!!!!

2. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Congratulations indeed. We will miss him 'round here...

3. oh he is still going to be around in Cincinnati 4 days a week and in Juliard for one day.....not sure how he is going to pull that off...I know Julliard is paying for his traveling expenses...I worry for his health I think he is going to get burned out really quick

4. Wow. Had I known about this, I might have considered applying to Juilliard. CCM was one of the schools that I really wanted to audition at but couldn't find the time for. I had a lesson with Al a couple years ago, and he packed a lot of information into the hour.

I hate to speculate, but he's probably got a contract with CCM through a certain year. It's possible he'll become full time at Juilliard as soon as the contract expires.

5. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Al is a beast, plain and simple.

He will also be teaching at juilliards pre-college program for those who might be intrested.