1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting cable????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jm5string, May 22, 2011.

1. jm5string

jm5string

Apr 16, 2011
    For Roland dbass 115x powered extension cabinet. It says if the volume level is to low... Make sure your connecting cable does not have a resistor... How do I know if my speaker cable has a resistor? My volume does seem low on the 15. Thanks

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    I've never seen a cable that has a resistor. It's an odd instruction.

3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Are you sure you are supposed to use a speaker cable ? Usually, you go out the direct out from a preamp to the powered 115x.

4. jm5string

jm5string

Apr 16, 2011
    On the back of the 210 cab it says sub out "for dbass 115x". I use a reg speaker cord and plug into my 115x input line... Speaker gets low volume. " volume on 15 is crank to 10... Suppose to be 330 watts....instruction Manuel question says "the volume level of the instrument connected to the D-bass 115x is too low.......answer. "could you be using a connection cable that contains a resistor..."

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I don't think you should be using a speaker cable either, you're connecting to a POWERED sub, which means you're connecting to a poweramp- use an instrument cable.

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    This from the 115X manual, concerning the input lack : " This jack is designed for connections with LINE LEVEL output devices." When I was thinking of getting a 115X for my DB 700 combo, a Roland rep told me to use the direct out from the DB700 to the input jack of the 115X. I suspect that the Sub Out is no different. You must use an instrument type cable to do this, not a speaker cable.

7. jm5string

jm5string

Apr 16, 2011
    Thanks I'll try an instrument cable...

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It won't make any difference.