1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Connecting Vt Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Champion, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Champion

Champion

Jan 18, 2011
    Hi all,

I am new to bass effect. I just got a vt bass. My amp is a genz benz shuttle 3.0-10T cab or with ampeg SVT210AV cab. Should I connect the vt bass in the effect loop or before the amp? I found that I have so much gain that I need to either turn amp volume/gain down, or the level on the vt bass down. There are so many combinations that I don't know where to start. Also, I read many thread that suggest a certain setting to get the svt sound on the vt bass and the level control is part of the equation. So how do I get the desired sound without too much gain?

Thanks.

2. I run the VT before the amp.

If you want to use it as an effect it's important to set it so that it's NOT boosting your signal. Set the tone you want and then adjust the level so that the volume with it on and by passed is the same.

If you want to use it to boost, then watch the input of the amp. You don't want to overdrive it. Overdrive is what the pedals for.