Considering New Rig, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Oct 6, 2005.

1. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I was in the Guitar Center on 14th street in NYC last weekend. They have a lot more great gear than the typical GC, I was very surprised.

Anyway, I had the chance to play through an Aguilar DB750, and man, that was some amazing tone. I played a Sterling into it, and played it through a 2X10/1X15 stack. I think I'm going to sell my 400+, and pick up a used DB750.

What kind of cab goes good with it? I'm not looking for a lot of low end, I'm looking for a very punchy tone. I play 90s rock style, like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, but if I had to choose a specific sound, I'd say I like Justin Chancellors tone on the last 2 Tool albums more than anything. As far as volume requirements, I'd say I'd need it to play shows for 25-30 people, and more than that, and we'd use a PA. But I need a cabinet that records well. I run a basement studio in my spare time, recording demos for local bands, stuff like that, and this gear would also be used as studio gear. I was considering the Schroeder 21012, the Aguilar GS412, and the Bergantino NV610 and NV425. I've read through various posts, but I haven't found any that touch upon the recordability of these cabinets. Also, would my current Goliath III do the job as well as any of these? I can't find a store that stocks this amp and any of these cabs. Thanks.
  2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Based on the sound you are after, I'd recomend the NV610. I own and 425 and a 215 but I like my bottom end full, big and warm. For punch, I'd go with the 610 that seems to match up pretty well with the Aggie.
  3. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Awesome. Does anyone know of any stores in the NYC area that stock the NV610? I definitely wanna try it out first. Also, I just saw that a store in Boston carries Schroeder cabs, I'll definitely check some out when I have a spare weekend. I think before them, the closest place was Colorado. Also, Schroeders website lists a dealer in Australia now.
  4. shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  5. Rudy's bass shop carries Bergantino