1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

controls help on fender jazz deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marinecorpsman6, Jan 18, 2012.

1. marinecorpsman6

marinecorpsman6

Apr 12, 2011
    The controls on this bass are stacked ...right???....I haven't got this bass yet ..hope in a few days ....are the treble and bass stacked on each other ...what about the mids and the pickup controls ...any help would be great ...

2. The closest control to the strings is master volume. Below that is pickup select, Next is treble over bass, and the lonely mid-range control at the end. If you have one of the basses with the little active passive switch, the last control is also stacked, with the passive tone control on the bottom. From memory, hopefully correct.

3. i just got mine a couple months ago, V string version...you're going to love the tone control you have with this bass, it's unbelievable all the tones you can create. on certain songs i have that classic jazz sound, on harder rock songs i can dial up a classic p bass sound, on passive you have the classic jazz bass tone, it's awsome, best bass i've ever owned. and yes the tone knobs are in the configuration listed on the previous thread. enjoy, i'm sur you will.

4. Got mine a couple years ago and finished restoring it (see thread elsewhere). I was gonna say something about the tone stack too, but I was short on time. Between the pickup selector, and the active tone controls, you can dial up almost anything.

The only gotcha I've found shows up when recording. The active electronics could be quieter, but the trade-off would be poor battery life with a cleaner circuit. I use it on stage, so noise isn't much of a problem, save for the occasional purist on the sound board. I have considered modding to get the passive switch, but it seems like too much work just now.

Enjoy your new toy/tool! (It's hard to tell the difference sometimes) ;)