1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort C4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shane6969, May 11, 2006.

1. A friend of mine has offered to sell me his Cort C4 bass with a moulded "deluxe" case for $650 Aus dollars, it's in close to mint condition. Are these basses any good, and is it worth getting?

Cheers.

2. not too familiar with corts, but $650 sounds a bit pricey. then again, i dont know a thing about aussie money either

3. jeffhigh

jeffhigh

May 16, 2005
    A Cort C4 is at the lower end of the Cort Artisan range.
    cheap pickups, no pre amp cheaper woods and hardware
    For $650 for used,I would be wanting a B4

4. A4's can be had for $1000 in australia, but I love their GB series basses, the GB75 in natural looks great, has a MM and J pickup with 2 band EQ.

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I agree. The B4's show up on Oz ebay regularly for lass than that. Plus, as others have mentioned there are a number of other options in your price range.

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Recently I saw a 2nd hand A4 sold for $550 (U.S.) and in Turkey prices are a little higher than Europe or U.S.A. Don't know about Aus.$ but 650 would be too much for a C4!They are $570(U.S.) "new" here and thats the new series I'm talking about!You should consider this.

7. mamm7215

mamm7215

Mar 23, 2005
    I've got a C4Z, which is the same bass as the B4 except with MM pickups instead of Bartolini. Except for the pickups, it's the exact same bridge, hardware and better wood than the standard C4 so check which model of C4 it is, there are several.

8. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I have an A5, and I've played the C5s before. They have no bottom end, but are clear and precise. Well-built decent basses, but not worth it IMO. If you're doing solo work, they are great, but they will be horribly buried in "the mix" otherwise.

9. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    Way too much, i got myself a Cort A4 and hardcase for A$860. I wouldn't pay more then A$450-500 for what is he ofering you...