1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort Rithimic details?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Goofball Jones, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Everything I see online only go to what Cort says about the bass, but nothing about the details. I've seen some people say it has a 3-piece maple neck, others say it's only one piece. What is the nut material? Cort features Tusq on their basses at the price-point of the Rithimic, but is that what's on this? Are the pick-ups noiseless?

Thanks.

2. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

@India_Sierra can fill you in with the details

Goofball Jones likes this.
  3. Mastodon2

Mastodon2

Feb 27, 2008
    I was just about to post that @India_Sierra is a foremost authority on these, he'll answer the questions I'm sure.

4. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Great minds think a like.

I have the Dean USA version of this bass

5. Allow me to get my Rithimic out of it's case tomorrow and confirm these details for you. I believe it is a three piece maple neck with a Tusq nut but I want to look to be sure.

The pickups are noiseless. They're Bartolini Jeff Berlin models, apparently a splitcoil inside a soapbar housing according to the website. They are very clean and quiet.

6. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, my Rithimic is currently buries in my spare room along with all my other basses behind the contents of my kitchen (renovation forces removal of boxes and boxes of stuff!).

I believe the nut on the Rithimic is Tusq. It's a black plastic-like material. I've included a photograph below. This is probably the best shot I have, but I couldn't find the original so I just took a screenshot off my Instagram. I assume it's Tusq because it has that slippery, graphite-nut sort of feel and the string slots are very neat and tidy. Setting this up for a clean, low action is easy.

I can't get to the neck to look at it but it's definitely multiple laminate of maple and I assume it's a three piece.

iCSzySN.

7. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
  8. Thanks so much India_Sierra and songwriter21. That info really helps out. Just wish they would highlight the minutia specs more specifically at their site. Some of those are actual selling points for some of us.

9. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    It set up surprisingly really well, only with a high/low fret here and there, but got really low action easily. Too bad the sound was incredibly anemic.

10. Ergin YILMAZ

Ergin YILMAZ

Dec 3, 2018
    Turkey
    I am a saxophone player. I always love bassist and love Jeff Berlin.

A year ago, i wanted to play Bass guitar and i bought Cort Rithimic bass with Markbass CMD 151P amp.

At first sound is excellent, rich, full... after 3 months, the problem occured. The problem is about sound quality. after playing few minutes, nice, full tone of the guitar gone and weak, poor sound appear.

Guitar is passive and i thought the problem is amp and the firm changed it but problem still here.

I sent my guitar to the service and they said it had a ground connectivity problem of neck pickup and they resoldered it but problem still exist.

What do you think about my problem? which element/s has a problem? pots, capacitor, pickups?