1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could anyone help please? Rondo basses-

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deeptone-echoes, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Deeptone-echoes

Deeptone-echoes

Nov 21, 2010
    Hello :) First time poster here, long time viewer.

So I know their is a lot of threads about this already, but i literally can't look through ALL of them, so some help would be great!

*sop story*:crying:
    About 2 years ago my father passed away, he was a big time bass player and had countless bass guitars through his life.
    When he passed away, he left me his favorite one a 1968 fender jazz. Unfortunately my mother had to sell for various finance reasons etc.

Anyway it sold for a large amount, and after everything was sold etc etc and a medium quality of life was assured I bought a no name "PLC" P-bass for myself to learn. My dad taught me alot of tricks and i'd say i was of a respectable standard.

About 4 months ago it broke, and i really didn't have any more to part with to get new one, or get it fixed! sucks to be me.
    But for my 18th birthday 11/11 my mother gave me £200 to get a new bass SUCCESS! after scowering ours on the forum for a bass that would suit me, I came across this RONDO'S site.:eek: The basses here were amazing! I really want one of these! but I'm not to sure about how i can get one. The prices are very good, but i have realized how am i going to get it from america! :(

So my question is - How do i go about getting one? what the delivery/import prices like, how much added on will their be. Keeping in mind i only have £250 to spend

Thank you, any help would be great! stuart x:help:

2. Deeptone-echoes

Deeptone-echoes

Nov 21, 2010
    Herrow?

3. Where do you live? UK? Contact Rondo (they're very friendly and helpful) and inquire as to shipping. Kurt@RondoMusic.com

4. thenickmeister

thenickmeister

Sep 3, 2010
    UK
    I'm having this problem too. They look like great basses but they aren't sold anywhere in Britain.

If you just go to the checkout and fill in which country you'd like it shipped to, it will tell you how much shipping costs. For the UK it quoted me $82.38 (about £51) for shipping on a $110 bass. It's a shame it's so much in comparison with the bass itself. :(

5. Excuse me, but is this the second thread you've started asking this?
    (just checked, yes it is the second. Why would you do that?)

6. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    :confused: :rollno:

7. If people did a search for Rondo music they would find pages and pages of info...would be nice if future posts on this could be deleted. Doesn't take much to find a
    bass for a reasonable price if you search.

http://www.guitarmart.co.uk/search/0006732/1

8. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I've been thinking about getting an SX as a backup myself but I live here in the US. Frankly, the thing is that most folks around here feel they are good basses -- for the price. You can get ten of them for the cost of one MIA Fender, five for the cost of an MIM, and chances are at least one of them will have just that right feel and tone. But honestly, I'd say that if shipping it overseas is going to add 50% to the price, you're better off getting a decent used bass in the UK. It's one thing to spend $80 on shipping an $800 bass, but another thing to spend that on a $110 bass.

9. Deeptone-echoes

Deeptone-echoes

Nov 21, 2010
    I created the last thread in the AMP section sorry :(
    I'm quite new to forums. x

10. I figured it might be a mistake. It's all good.