1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crazy Brubaker on the bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greg, Nov 28, 2006.

1. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
  2. Crazy. Big price too!

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Sure have. Kevin worked on that one for a couple of years and finished it up in time for Summer NAMM. Hadn't really been trying to sell it (it's a great piece to have around the shop to blow people's minds and show some of the possibilites) but I guess with some of the even wilder stuff he's working on figured it was time to find a home for it. The most surprisingly thing to me about it is how light it is.

I don't play guitar but I've heard a few people play that side of this one and it kills. The six string bass side plays and sounds like a Brubaker six. Very easy to get around on, sits very well in the mix. I don't know whether this will end up with a player or collector, the finish is his over the top paintwork, cut into the Spalted Maple figuring. The pics really don't do it justice.