Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cream Live DVD

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Oct 15, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but its really quite awesome. Jack Bruce looked reallly old, but he's still awesome. Anyway, my main concern was that he rarely (if at all) used his warwick signature reunion bass. He used his fretless corvette most of the time. Anyone else notice this? I was dissapointed... :(

2. darkblack99

darkblack99 Supporting Member

Bruce alludes to that in the interview section of the DVD...That some rehearsals were performed with the retro gear (EB3/Marshall, possibly including the Warwick signature version) but the results were unsatisfactory in the context of modern sensibilities.

The chops and tone were there...wonderful intonation on the fretless, so I chalked it up to 'dowhatchalike' and enjoyed the show.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I dug it! I thought they played great....and Jack's vocals are still some of the best rock has ever produced! IMHO :cool:

4. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    It's been tough for me to forgive Ginger Baker for chugging his way through his first liver while others (especially kids) are still on a waiting list through no fault of their own.

That said, I'll still check out this DVD sometime soon.

5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Just seen it.
    Jack is the man.
    One of the main reasons I picked up the bass.
    He still played great.
    An what a voice.

6. The DVD is very good!!! Highly recommended... Eric Clapton is good, but Jack is GOD!!!