Creating drum tracks in Cubasis VST

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Not Mark Westlake, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Hey all,
    First off - I hope this in the correct place.
    Secondly - I hope this hasn't been asked tens of times before!

Anyway, onto the problem: My school gave me a free copy of Cubasis VST 4.0.

I've installed it onto my computer, and I'm happy recording bass tracks onto it (well, sorta. Enough to get by, basically), but I don't know how the hell you use the drum-beat creating side of it. I've loaded up my chosen VST instruments, generally the EasyGuitar stuff that's bundled with the program itself, then the LM9 drum editor.

This is where it gets complicated. I set up an extra track to set up the drum track over, but I don't actually know how you make the drum track itself. There's the editor for the LM9 program, but all that is is a mixer to set the levels of each drum, which isn't super helpful. The same goes for the guitar creator. I can edit which acoustic/electric guitar I want to use, but after that...well...nothing, really.

Do I need to use a MIDI-keyboard with this, or is there some other way?

Thanks for any help,

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. Thanks Blisshead.

I am currently in the process of spending forever then.

*****Forgot I'd started writing this. Well, I simply can't be bothered any more. I'd already been making solo bass pieces by layering bass lines and noises, and that's way more fun than screaming "WORK, VOLUME"...