1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crescent Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by newbassdude, Mar 14, 2010.

1. newbassdude

newbassdude

Apr 7, 2009
    Are these any good? I've read online that they are pieces of crap, but I was just wondering if any of you could say anything positive about them.

heres a picture i found quickly in a google search:

[​IMG]

2. Well, I have a Crescent guitar, and it's not great, but it works, and it's not half bad for the price, IMO. I have not tried one of their basses, though.

3. newbassdude

newbassdude

Apr 7, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Im interested in one, and if it turns out to be really bad, the price makes me not care as much:smug:

anyone else?

4. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    For 20 bucks or so more you can get an SX P bass that won't be an utter piece of crap...
    And you can mod them up nice if you want, too.

5. PunkBassist420

PunkBassist420

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada
    worst brand EVER!

6. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Haha that was my first bass (same color and all). They're pretty terrible. I was able to learn on it a bit for a few months but once I noticed it was impossible to play anywhere on the first two frets without creating a horrid buzz, I bought a cheap Dean bass from a friend for 50 bucks and still use it as my main bass today. Just look around for used Squiers and stuff (or new if you can afford $150-250) and skip the dirt cheap no-names.

7. TroutPlayer

TroutPlayer

Nov 11, 2013
    Colorado
    I actually picked one up today at an auction for 40$. I knew that I was the only bass player (or even musician) there when people were fighting for it after they just bought an Epiphone guitar designed for little kids. They started the bid at 100$, and I joking called out, "What, at retail?"

Anyways, I won, and it plays... Alright. Just put some Ernie Ball strings on it, and the fret buzz is nearly intolerable. But, beggars can't be choosers. It's low quality and poor sound, and you get what you pay for.

8. Nick_Merrick

Nick_Merrick

May 18, 2012
    Clovis, CA
    if i were you id steer clear and save up for a squier/sx.

9. Wolf3D

Wolf3D

Jun 19, 2018
    They are the best thing for anyone looking for a light body and easy plug in and play. It’s a great bass to try out your own paint jobs or mod ideas because it’s simply versatile and can be changed out without hassle. Stage bass, personal hot rod, or complete modification, you can do anything with this bass and put your money where it counts. I am a rock n roll and classical guitarist and huge EVH BUFF. This bass reminds me of what Evh would use to make his very one personalized guitar, or bass in this instance. Most of them are broken in is ya find one at a pawn shop or guitar store. I believe they have great potential to create a bass player progress not only in playing but pickups changing, customize painting, and anything you want to do . I have one and it’s a blast

10. Wolf3D

Wolf3D

Jun 19, 2018
    Check out know your gear and it scores up their with these other suggestions. But then again you might be looking for the best guitar for your only budget. So I stand by my suggestion

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020