Custom Jazz :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by morf, Sep 20, 2006.

1. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    So for a hundred bucks or so I bought parts here and there and built myself a custom jazz (SX body and electronics with an Epiphone neck). I'm very surprised at how good the bass sounds, alot of thump or growl, and I'm overall very pleased :D

No pics no bass so here it is:

[​IMG]

I'm probably gonna buy a new bridge to realign the strings with the pickups correctly. The neck doesn't fit exactly in the pocket (about a credit card's width from the bottom to the neck) but its not that big a problem.

2. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    very nice :) I'm customizing my jazz bass as well-- Got a vintage jazz bass cover on the bottom, colored the F with a marker (lol) and got it a custom neck plate with a Tool image. I gotta get a camera ><

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Enjoy ! :bassist:

4. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006

5. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Nice job! Congrats! Gotta love it when a project comes together.

Enjoy! :)

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Care to post a picture of the headstock? Does it have the "pointy" headstock some Epi P/J copies have?

7. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Yes it does :D I'll post a pic right away

8. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Here it is:

[​IMG]

9. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Cool, my first bass's headstock looked exactly like that. Even with the black and all. :)

It was an Epiphone "Power bass", and was all black with a P/J pickup combo.

10. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    I'm not sure which bass this one comes form, but its dated 1990 and is extremely comfortable. I'll upgrade the bridge, and maybe the pickups once I get bored of the sound, and its probably a bass i'll keep :)

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021