Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom narrow rack cases?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jan 3, 2005.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Has anyone ever seen a source for truly custom rack cases?

A two space case designed to securely rack up a WT-550 (or a WT-300/400) without using the oversize ears would be of interest. Nothing else would be going into the rack.

Full sized rack cases look silly on top of Bag Ends, and why deal with all the extra space?

2. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I had a custom rack made by Procases in Los Angeles. Their website is horrible but there is contact info on the "iso box" page.

www.procases.com

3. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the lead!

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    fwiw, calzone will make you whatever you want. my guitar player is good friends with joe calzone and has had him make some interesting stuff.

5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  6. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    By "narrow" do you mean a shallow depth? Carvin makes a 2 space Duratuff (carpeted) amp "cover" that is only 11 1/2" deep. It has no lids, so it's not a true "case", but it's very sturdy, and looks really good with carpeted cabs. I use one to house my Xwire.

7. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    By "narrow", I mean less than the standard 19" width between the rails.

8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    you know hev, this would mean $$ but..........
    i have an old bag end book from the early 80's where they sold rack cases made the same as the cabs (all birch back then). And I seem to remember seeing a 4-space deep red rack by them about 5 years ago at milford music. I bet they would make you one, cusom size, same color/finish as your cabs, even the little stack lock corners if you have the D or C models. How cool would that look??? :cool:

My old SWR electric blue head is in it's own rack/like case with black carpet and lil' stack lock corners. It's a tad smaller than the eden head, but darned close. It doesn't match my deep red cabs, but even that looks mighty cool on top of them.