SOLD Custom STR LS-549 Fretless - Immaculate - REDUCED!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Aug 28, 2019.

1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    A totally amazing bass that just isn't getting played enough these days. It has a huge pallet of tones and it can deliver everything from classic fretless "mwah" to gritty modern dub. A VERY versatile instrument.

The 549 model number means 5 string, 34" scale, 19mm bridge

BODY TOP: Flamed Ash
    BODY BACK: Flamed Ash
    NECK: 3 Piece Maple
    FINGERBOARD: Ebony fretless (with Luminlay dots and side fretlines)
    MACHINEHEADS: GOTOH/GB707
    PICKUPS: Nordstrand Dual Coil
    BRIDGE: STR 519
    PREAMP: Bartolini NTMB
    CONTROLS: Master Volume(Preamp ON/OFF SW POT), PU Blend, Master Tone, Treble, Mid, Bass, Mid Freq sw, Series/Parallel sw.
    WEIGHT: 9 pounds 14 ounces (on my digital scale).

This is an exquisitely beautiful bass that plays and sounds amazing. The craftsmanship is second to none. Note the subtle light turquoise binding on the edge of the F hole and on the edge of the top as well as the back of the neck near the headstock. Really tasteful appointments IMO. The Luminlay fret position markers make it very easy to play in tune, even on a dark stage.

The bass is totally in MINT condition. I will ship it in either a high end Reunion Blues Bag or a high end Gator TSA Style HSC. Buyer's choice.

$2,850.00 OBO Shipped and fully insured in the CONUS

Trade value would be more like $3K

Feel free to MAKE ME AN OFFER - I'm a motivated seller - You just might get lucky!

I "might" consider a trade for the "right" 5 string fretted or fretless. Of specific interest would be a PRS GG5 or any other 34" scale 5 strings of similar value that aren't too heavy. I also may be willing to trade down to a less expensive bass with some cash added. If you have any questions or have something to offer up, please start a private conversation with me rather than posting here in the thread.

Positive comments are always welcome.....

Thanks for looking!

z7necpbavoxusewp6qx8.jpg d5b8oaic6oyybz8nr3oz.jpg dwg9ysa5vvbdec8zwuel.jpg gczddou2gsh6iuaxmgmo.jpg h0nlvf8nvn89bmgytnvn.jpg ortlezujehjgkjka73u7.jpg prgmzqamiepxgz5nm90r.jpg qbndbctfef2st3bnl3lg.jpg sv1lyqtdvzgfqsqe65om.jpg tsjagiqmvdy11fcndo7l.jpg vcusc7ojpepnr6pkajeg.jpg xhnkrqppmpova2ng34ie.jpg xjtgni5rrdvhxeevs0bk.jpg zy9ngitr36v0egjarlsp.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Tjazz5, NYCBass, HeavyJazz and 6 others like this.
  2. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oakland,CA
    Oh man that is beautiful!
    And I have a GG5...oh the humanity!

3. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Well give me a shout then.....

4. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oakland,CA
    What does this guy weigh? Thanks!

5. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    9 pounds, 14 ounces on my digital scale.

6. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    This is an outstanding bass, and honestly as well made as a bass gets. New owner WILL NOT be disappointed.

7. Saekim

Saekim

Dec 14, 2010
    boston, MA
    Would you consider trading with my Marleaux?

8. Saekim

Saekim

Dec 14, 2010
    boston, MA
  9. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Still available and open to trades +/- cash. A PRS GG5 is high on my list but I will also consider other 34" scale 5 string basses.

31HZ likes this.
  10. Kevin Guin

Kevin Guin Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    This really takes the cake, Spence. Just incredible. And sidelines make a fretless 10x easier to intonate.

When I first learned of STR ears ago people were saying the Japanese Fodera, etc. Great offering.

NG51 likes this.
  11. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Thanks Kevin, yes, it's quite an instrument. Incredible build quality and feel. As sweet as it gets.......

NG51 likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021