1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cutting audio in Sonar 7?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Oscar South, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Oscar South

Oscar South

Jan 7, 2007
    Chester
    Hey, I'm working on a backing track for a uni assignment (Malignant Narcissism by Rush), I imported the audio from Team America World Police to get the sampled section from that and cut it down to the right part. The problem is when I use the cut tool and delete the rest it doesn't actually delete the rest of the file, it just resizes it down to where I cut it at, this means that the backing track I'm currently working on which is 99% midi with a 2 second audio sample is over a gigabyte in size on my computer.

Does anyone know how to actually cut the audio section down into just the part I want?

Cheers.

2. Double-click on the audio clip, bringing it up in the loop constructor. You should be able to do more permanent, destructive audio editing from here.