1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

czech bass for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassat88, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassat88

bassat88

Mar 3, 2008
    New York City
    Hello all this is my second thread. I put the first one in the wrong spot but anyways. I am looking to sell my Czech bass, it is in very good condition with a few chips and scratches in it. I had it appraised by David Gage for 9000. If you would like to see the appraisal and pictures please email me at

amt2@juilliard.edu or andrew.trombley@gmail.com

2. philip sirois

philip sirois

May 29, 2006
    NYC
    price?

3. bassat88

bassat88

Mar 3, 2008
    New York City
    I'd like to ask for 8500 but it's negotiable

4. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
    hi - I also have a bass for sale - are interested in any possible trade options? my bass was appraised by gage to be worth around 10k. it's a beautiful old Czech bass - with original varnish and neck and tuners - it recently had a complete overhaul by Bill Merchant here in NYC - any interested? also - can you tell me about your bass??

thanks

5. bassat88

bassat88

Mar 3, 2008
    New York City
    it's a 2002 Stephano Grecco I believe. The top is made of two tight grained spruce and is cut with violin corners. it's a round back and the ribs and round back are made of maple. It has a great sound and got me into many summer festivals where I received the position of principal bass and it also got me into the Juilliard School. So if any are interested please email me! Like I said earlier I am asking 8500 and if you pick it up from me I will throw in a free moridian case which is still in great condition. I had to get a 7/8 size case because a 3/4 size case didn't fit so it's a little long but if you throw a towel in the top it should be fine! Happy Practicing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.