1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D. Muniz - Brasil

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Stan Haskins, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    I just pulled the trigger on a Brazilian-made pernambuco bow (German). Best bow I've ever thought of owning. Having a great time with it.

Anyone else played one of these? It's stamped "D. Muniz - Brasil".

2. Will Yager

Will Yager Supporting Member

May 7, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    I have a French one and I've been satisfied with it so far.

3. MDrost1

MDrost1 Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Grand Haven, MI
    How much did you pay for your bows. I am looking at one right now. German, nickel. With a plastic adjuster as opposed to ebony. Let me know. Thanks!

4. Will Yager

Will Yager Supporting Member

May 7, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    I can't remember exactly but it was around $800.

5. Hi I have a French silver mounted bow by Muniz.
    I auditioned 4 bows.
    Ary France
    G Werner
    Arcus sinfonia. carbon fibre.
    and the Muniz.
    I spent about a week and decided on the Muniz
    Ary was really comfortable but a little light tone wise.
    The Werner was too springy and wimpy sound wise.
    The Sinfonia was something else. huge sound but very long. The sound was not quite right for my ears. Too much sizzle or something.
    Ultimately I went for the Muiniz. Comfortable bow that pulls a rich sound Well balanced and bounces well.
    I can't see myself wanting to change bows now. The bows capabilities far outweigh my technique. However I think bow choice is really personal so shop around and get to try as many in your price range as possible. Good luck;)

6. PsychoScout

PsychoScout

Mar 18, 2008
    Belgium
    very confusing, with the brazil and german :)

7. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    Hastings, UK
    I've recently bought a D Muniz bow (french), found a lucky ebay bargain. With the caveat that it's the first good bow I've owned (until now I used the bow that came free with the Stentor I used to play) I'm very, very happy with it, knocked out by the difference in my new arco sound!

8. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I play a german D Muniz, and it's a truly fantastic bow. Articulate, powerful and I can really feel the notes through the stick.

9. Basscat125

Basscat125

Aug 3, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    none yet
    Hey Marvin
    (If you don't remember we met at the Derry jazz festival!) I just wanted to know where did you trial your bows from?
    Cheers,
    Conor

10. I bought a D. Muniz in February. It had significantly more sound, pulled more volume and had a thicker tone than my F. Winkler.

These bows easily compete with some of the best makers today. I prefer it over some super high-priced American bows. It could bounce a bit easier, but it pulls a wonderful, complex sound, and grabs very, very well.