For Sale Daion Powermark XX-B (1982) great condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by humanearthquake, Feb 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    $800
    Strings:
    United States
    IMG_4139.jpg
    Rare 1982 Daion Powermark XX-B bass in great overall shape for a bass that is almost 40 years old. These don't come up for sale often, especially ones with all original components. I'm the second owner.

There are a few minor surface blemishes here and there and small indentations. There's a small bit of finish cracking around the first fret that was stabilized by a luthier. See pictures.

The bass is strung with brand new DR hi-beams.

This will ship out well packed in a case (not original) for $800.00 insured via FedEx Ground to the CONUS only.

Thanks for looking.

Specs:

- Ash body with Rosewood Lamination
    - 9-Piece Maple and Rosewood neck through body
    - Ebony fingerboard with brass dot position markers
    - Brass nut and saddles (string through body)
    - 34 inch scale, 24 frets
    - 19mm string spacing
    - 3-way pickup selector

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool.

3. JKoehler

JKoehler Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Snoqualmie, Wa.
    These are so underrated! Daion’s were first distributed in America through a dealer in Waco Tx. in the early 80’s. My bass instructor, Dick Gimble at MCC in Waco, has a fretless version that he has had since new. Extremely well built, and plays like a dream. If I needed another bass, like I need a hole in the head, I would grab this in an instant. GLWS.

Dec1975 likes this.
  4. Very interesting history about the Texas distributor. I had no idea.

mb94952 likes this.
  5. Blenin

Blenin Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Seattleish
    Great bass. Used to have one. I still have a Daion Savage. If I had the cash.........

humanearthquake likes this.
  6. DC in ATX

DC in ATX Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Cool bass and bit of history.

Totally off topic, but The Gimbles—with Dick on bass, his daughter Emily on keys, and his Texas Playboy-alum father, Johnny, on fiddle—played our wedding in 2006. Dick seems like he has the perfect demeanor for teaching—and playing bass. He's there holding it altogether while backing current and future hall of fame musicians.

humanearthquake and JKoehler like this.
  7. higain617

higain617

Sep 12, 2013
    WA
    I think the bassist of Slint used one of these.

humanearthquake likes this.
  8. DC in ATX

DC in ATX Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Cool. That whole post-rock thing has a home in my rotation, especially as a backdrop when I am working as a writer or editor. Apparently some people consider Slint as being seminal within that genre. I had never heard of the band, but dig their sound.

9. higain617

higain617

Sep 12, 2013
    WA
    Yeah, they definitely are. Spiderland was generally seen as ground zero for that sound.

10. Arch58

Arch58 Low Frequency Thumper

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I rocked one of these in a power trio back in the day. See thru black and sounded killer. Well built and powerful. Bought it at Rudy's custom guitars in NYC.

11. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Excellent price compared to what some of these go for when they come up for sale.
    Especially with shipping included.

If anyone remembers Bob the Bass Palace swami, he is a fanatic about Powermarks.
    Among other things.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022