Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

damn fed ex

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Jul 19, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    so i have my mesa 400+ coming via fed ex.

they said wednesday for delivery, so i asked for wednesday off, my boss said cool.

i wake up today, and now the tracking says thursday.

fudge, i cant take thursday off, and i dont know if anyone will be home....

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Can you get them to hold it for while, and then pick it up yourself or have them deliver it on a weekend?

3. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Was it FedEx Ground or FedEx Express? FedEx Ground doesn't offer a delivery guarantee. They're more like UPS that way. Non-time-definite. In fact, if you trace the package on their website, look toward the top of the screen. It says "Estimated Delivery" not "Guaranteed Delivery."

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i realize now that it says estimate.

now, i find they are unlike ups, because my company uses ups all the time, and they are usually 95% for the date that they have listed.

im just going to have my grandfather home, its just a pain in the ass because i have this feeling he wont be listening to the doorbell.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    In my opinion though the good thing about FedEx ground is when I've used them they're typically 25 to 30% cheaper and anywhere from 1 to 3 days faster than UPS. I use them for a lot of my Ebay sales. They're also often cheaper than the US postal service.

brad cook

6. if u was up there, i would have house sat for you and waited for fed ex..then i would have played around with it untill u got home. Don't worry I had one before so I know how to use it. Had to sell it. Regret it every day. I kept one of the knobs tho.

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    what?

brad cook, for our company fed ex is actually more expensive then ups. so we us ups. and they suck

8. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Again, FedEx Ground (the purple and green logo), or FedEx Express (the purple and orange logo)?

Not sure how many people know this, but they are two separate companies. FedEx Ground used to be RPS (Roadway Package Systems).

FedEx Express is either two-day or overnight service and can be a bit pricy, but their service is still the best. And easier to file a claim with.

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    for the amount of shipping we would need, ups was cheaper then both fed ex ground, and fedex express.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, I'm talking about for personal use. I like when companies use FedEx Ground to ship stuff to me though because they're faster than UPS.

brad cook

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i find it all depends on location of where its going and whre it came from.

im usually ok with postal service because anywhere on the east coast is usually 2-4 business days.

i didnt mean to knock fed ex, i'm sure it will be great service. kinda wish i would have splurged for the second day or overnight....

i guess im just impatient when it comes to getting new bass stuff. this new head will be the pinnacle...

12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Be happy you're using FedEx. You have a good fighting chance of getting an undamaged amp, and not have it sitting unsigned on yer doorstep like they did with my brand spankin' new Dingwall. I HATE HATE HATE UPS. Oh, and by the way, at work we use FedEx, and have negotiated an obscenely low price to ship things. That's the trick...just talk 'em into it.

When I get shipping quotes for some of our customers, we quote them like 3x actual shipping cost, and its still lower than UPS.

13. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

Beware...starting sometime September we at FedEx will be leaving that Dingwal at your doorstep as well...unless...the shipper has paid for it to be a Direct Signature Package. which means pay extra to have it signed for.

14. Sounds like a serious porblem

15. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I would do it but I need to leave for PA around 3:30.

16. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

I've heard.

Yes, I can pay the $2.00 fee they're charging for a signature. Heck, I hope if I'm spending the $$$ I'd like to for my next bass, that the Luthier might spring for it.

17. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    the "what" was aimed at the person i quoted, not you, i got what you said.