1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Danelectro DC bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moosemoosemoose, Mar 11, 2008.

1. moosemoosemoose

moosemoosemoose

Apr 29, 2005
    Do these even exist anymore!!?

Looking for anywhere that sells it!

Also opinions please

Thanks
    Moose :D

2. moosemoosemoose

moosemoosemoose

Apr 29, 2005
    anyone?

3. Maybe give people more than 11 minutes to respond...like a day or two?

And have you done ANY searching on Ebay or the Internet?

4. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    I just bought a really old one for my girlfriend a couple months ago for $200 in mint shape. It's a fun little bass; fits her nicely. They pop up on ebay quite frequently.

5. moosemoosemoose

moosemoosemoose

Apr 29, 2005
    ooooo, i wise guy, great thanks for the suggestion.

Yes is the answer to your question, thats why I've turned the the bass experts.

So, once again, can anyone help, as I've looked everywhere myself.

Moose

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    They don't make em anymore. You can find them from time to time on ebay and depending on who's bidding I'm pretty sure they go for anywhere from $200 to $500. I've seen people try to fetch a lot for them as collectors items, but they ain't and they show up cheaply sometimes.

I never had a DC, but I had a Hodad which was very similar except it had 3 pickups and a different shape. I think the bass was awesome and I sometimes regret selling it. It had tons of bottom, bark, and bite. It was really light too. The only drawback I thought it had was that the neck was kinda thin and subject to do whatever it wanted to do if the temperature changed 20 degrees in either direction. :) To readjust the trussrod you had to take the neck off which was a hassle for me. I think if the truss rod was more accessible I might have kept mine.

I just saw the other day that Danelectro is introducing a new reissue that can be preordered now if ya want one for $349. Looks like a cross btwn the Hodad and the DC with a funky pickgaurd thrown in. My guess is it's worth the $$$. You can check it out here.

http://www.danelectro.com/bass_ls_aqua.html