1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Danelectro Longhorn identification

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blank_0101, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I'll post a pic very soon FYI

Anyways just picked it up for $120, it's the white pearl cascading into blue burst style, short scale with a black neck and headstock.

Has tuners that look like my MIM telecaster not the white plastic dano ones, single volume and tone with chrome knobs and 3 way switch.

has a serial number I'll add with the pic. and It says Korea.

I like to know everything I can about the basses I get, and according to one site, it claims mine would be a chinese model.

Also have a few questions on updates to improve this guy.

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Sounds like you have a Longhorn Pro. They have upgraded tuners and a fully adjustable metal bridge. And they were made in Korea if I recall correctly.

TD

3. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    $120 a good price?

4. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    Yes , great deal .

There's one Dano site that seems to indicate the single tone/volume pots with a toggle switch are Chinese , and yet some people have them with Korean stickers so there's some confusion there .

I have a number of name and vintage basses that I have accumulated over the years and yet my Longhorn has been the one I gig with the most recently . Enjoy , they are great little basses !

5. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    The owner sanded the neck down I think I'll be just taking all the black paint off, and redoing the dano logo in black. I think the black neck looks dumb anyways against a bluebust finish.

Also adding a rick style double input and maybe a home made diode circuit for switchable fuzz.

6. Roget

Roget

Jun 27, 2017
    I just picked up a Pro model. Wiki says: "Longhorn Pro (2000–2003. '58 Longhorn Bass [reissue] with adjustable bridge and upgraded tuners)." I can't find specifics about serial numbers. Mine has a sticker with 9 digits and Made in Korea. And I was also incorrectly told it's from the 90s. Wiki has a Danelectro production void from 1969 until 1998!?!?

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I recently sold my Pro since I wasn't using it much and my "dolphin nose" fits me better.

Yes Dano halted in '69 and in '98 Evets started importing the reissues.