Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'arcy(sp) from Smashing Pumpkins?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tualatin, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Tualatin

Tualatin

Feb 7, 2005
    Atlanta
    Does anybody know what happend to or what she is doing these days?

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    A whole lot of heroin if memory serves.

3. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    i don't know...i miss the smashing pumpkins...i still listen to their older cds all of the time....gish, siamese dream, mellon collie

4. Look her up on Wikipedia, I was browsing earlier and found some stuff about her that should satisfy your desire for knowledge. Something to do with an acting career.

5. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    I hear she raises horses on a ranch now.

The new Billy Corgan albums out in two weeks who else is excited?

6. ME ME ME!!!

About a year ago, when Billy was making his album, and in the studio, he kept a blog. In the blog he mentioned what happened to D'arcy. She left the band due to her crack habits...

She is raising horses now, but I hear she's spaced out...

7. Tualatin

Tualatin

Feb 7, 2005
    Atlanta
    They were on a re-run of SNL on the E channel last night playing "Perfect." And that's just she looked.

8. She was one of those chicks that were pretty sometimes and ugly sometimes.

I too am anxiously awaiting Billys solo album. Loved Jimmys.

9. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    i think that episode had their other girl bass player...i could be wrong

10. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Nah that was D'arcy on SNL. She left the band at the beginning of their final tour after recording MAchina

11. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    oh.....so she's on crack...wasn't the drummer an alcoholic or on drugs or something too ....they play good music to be so messed up....lol

12. shes hot in the video for siva and tonight tonight, she ugly in Rocket.

13. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Heroin and nicotine.

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, wasn't there this whole thing where the Pumkin's touring keyboardist died of an overdose, so Billy made this whole anti-drug policy? Then afterwards they fired their drummer for doing drugs?

15. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    i'm not sure...but why is it that a lot of cool bands fall apart like that....i'm sure they'll have a reunion tour one day...lol :bassist:

16. Tualatin

Tualatin

Feb 7, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm sometime's mixed on how I feel about Corgan as a person. He is without out a doubt one of the most inspriational guitar players and song writer that I admire. Since I've never net him. I'll just base his image on that. I remember reading once that Pumpkins had over 100 songs somewhat pulled together when they went to record Mellon Collie. I'd like to think if I could quit my day job that I could do the same.
    I wonder if D'arcy is on this forum. I wonder if she's reading this.

17. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Somehow I doubt it.

Despite not like Smashing Pumpkins at all, I've actually met Billy Corgan several times trhough sheer weird twists of fate. On each occasion he struck me as really down to earth and nice, but always a little peturbed that his music had blown up to such a degree. I got the impression a part of him missed being able to write a song, play it in a club, and then go home without needing a security detail. More than any other major artist I've met (admitedly not many) he seem like he really did what he did because it was natural for him.

As for the whole drug thing, my understanding is that he just hated having them around him, having seen way to many people screw themselves up through serious drug problems. He just got sick of it and refused to play with anyone that couldn't stay clean. I can't say I blame him for this either.

18. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    yeah...i can understand that....he is an awesome song writer and guitar player.....very inspirational to me as well as a big influence in my music