1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass Microtubes 900 + DG410C Shuts down on stage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by x-y-z, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Oh thank you! Next time I’m in Austin we should prepare a meetup with this group!

Grab some beers and talk about music and gear.

2. That would be pretty awesome. :D

Darkglass likes this.
  3. Sent my Darkglass head in last Wednesday, Jack received it Monday, fixed it by today and shipped it out... already heading back my way. About 10 days in since I e-mailed support. 2 weeks total down time. Damn impressive customer service and turnaround time. :)

4. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Having the same issue. Not pushing the amp hard at all(volume at roughly 10 o'clock, gain set to no clipping) in a 2 hour band practice session it power cycled 5 times on me. At this point I can not afford to replace it for a while. Seriously bummed out.

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    Dam shutdown city.

Dont sound like voltage in all the cases.
    Sounds like overheating

6. Nakoatron

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Mine was ice cold.. wasn't on long enough to get warm when it first started

agedhorse likes this.
  7. Mine shut down at a very cold outdoor gig - in the 30's - and also shut down inside at our practice room at normal temperature.

8. Nakoatron

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Darkglass is issuing an rma for me to get it fixed. I'll keep y'all posted

9. Darkglass

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    It is voltage. A few units in that ICEPower module model has had an issue when mains near 100VAC.

We switched to a new model almost a year ago, no issues since then!

If anyone has had shut down issues, PM me. I’ll make sure your power module is upgraded and send you a small Darkglass gift for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Doug.

Conkal and Fat_Bottom_End like this.
  10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    American beer? You’ll have to buy an awful lot! LOL :)

11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Quite a while ago I bought myself a cable reel with a nice thick gauge. I unreel the length that I need and find a place to plug it in. I favour going into a kitchen and using one of the outlets on the stove. I never have low voltage problems this way.

kartiste likes this.
  12. Nakoatron

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Thank you very much for the support and help!!

13. The turnaround time was great, but I didn't get a gift. :laugh:

14. Diesel

Diesel

Sep 19, 2018

15. Diesel

Diesel

Sep 19, 2018
    @Darkglass Hey Doug, I'm having the same problem with my Darkglass Microtubes 900 head. Originally purchased it from zzounds. It worked great for a month, then the foot pedal switch pushed through into the pedal. Almost immediately after that head started malfunctioning. Sent it back, and got a new unit immediately and this unit is doing the same thing several months later. Unfortunately this has happened with 2 different units, and both times have been on stage starting our show when the head malfunctioned. When its operating properly it's an absolute Monster! Absolutely love the head, just not happy with the issues that I've had with it while on stage.

16. Darkglass

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hi, can you please send me an email with and your product serial number? Also, please copy support@darkglass.com, we'll look into this and see what the causes could be.

Please do not worry; we'll take care of you in no time!
    Doug.

Diesel likes this.
  17. Diesel

Diesel

Sep 19, 2018
    Yes I can. I messaged you on FB yesterday with all of my contact information.

18. Darkglass

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thank you, please reach out via email as that's the most effective way to exchange information with the support and engineering teams, as well as connecting you with distributors and service centers.

Kind regards,
    Doug.

Diesel likes this.
  19. Diesel

Diesel

Sep 19, 2018
    Hey Doug, we spoke well over a month ago. I still haven't been able to get my head taken care of. The Darkglass support has been less than desirable. This is the 2nd unit that I've had a problem with. Now I've been asked to send the head somewhere to be fixed. After waiting a couple weeks for an RMA number. I inquired again about getting the RMA number, was responded back to after a few days, but still no RMA number... I've also asked that a new head be sent to me, and I would return the defective unit in the box the new one was sent in. They said it has to be fixed and can't be replaced. Mean while I have shows to play, and have a head that's still cutting out. As I said, at this point I would prefer a new head be shipped to me, and I will return the defective unit. I believe this will be the quickest way to solve the problem at this point.
    I absolutely love Darkglass products and this is the only time I've had any trouble with your products. The pedals I've owned have all been great and stood up very well to the rigors of playing out. I just feel like support has seriously dropped the ball on this issue. I've also tried messaging you on FB about the issues

20. Darkglass

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    I sent you a PM and take a look at this personally.