1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darrington Bluegrass Festival

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by Jake deVilliers, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hey guys, are any of you going to Darrington this weekend? We'll be in the white pop-top Vanagon Westfalia with the TalkBass sticker on the back window.

Come and say Hi. We might even have cold beer. :)

Seeya, Jake

2. Well Jake ..... I almost decided to come out to Darrington but have decided to go to Wyoming this weekend instead (420 miles one-way instead of 750 :) ). I get to see Mountain Heart (one of my favorites) and NewFound Road ..... with a couple of my bass-playin' heroes (Jason Moore and Randy Barnes).

There's no doubt you are gonna see a good show too ... Rhonda V & The Rage !! .... saw 'em last 2 years in a row in January in Portland Oregon and what a great, spirited music / comedy show :D . Kenny Ingram on banjo is always awesome. They'll be at River City Festival again next January and I'll be there.

BTW .... I'll get to see some of your musical pals from your neck of the woods in Wyoming next month ...... John Reischmann & The Jaybirds .... really looking forward to that one. In the meantime, I'll drink a Moosehead and be thinking of you :p .

3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Well, you missed a lot of rain Bob. My Max/Min Hygrometer says that 98% humidity was the highest we had!

Rhonda was great, especially Josh Williams & Mickey Harris; he is a great bass player in that context.

I've got to tell you that Moosehead is from Halifax, Nova Scotia, 3500 miles away on the Atlantic Ocean. We make Kokanee, Granville Island, Piper's, Okanagan Pale Ale, Shaftbury and many more in BC.

http://www.bcbeer.ca/

Seeya, Jake