Dave Matthews bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MCT, May 26, 2005.

1. MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    I listened to Crush for the first time the other day. What a sweet line. Who is this guy? Has he done anything other than Dave Matthews?
  2. Stefan Lessard. He has been a guest artist on other albums. Definitely a grooving player. Part of the DMB sound for sure.

3. Stefan Lessard was recruited into the DMB at the age of 16 - he was recognised as somewhat of a prodigy.

His talent was blended with the very experienced players in the band and made a very tight unit.

I met him recently in Australia and he is a very down to earth and decent person too.

He is an excellent player.
  4. Lessard is one of the 100 best players in the world.
  5. an amazing, amazing bassist. i would like to find other music that he has done outside of DMB, though they are awesome, just to see what else he can do. i wonder if he has ever done any solo stuff.
  6. glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    As far as other stuff goes theres not much. He was on Govt Mules The Deep End vol 1 and he played on one of Dar Williams latest albums. Thats about it.
  7. By far one of the most balanced bassists in the world. Groove. Melody. Song. Massive influence of mine.