David Gilmour's "On an Island"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Mar 17, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I just got this CD the other day, and I must say I'm quite impressed! I haven't heard his other solo stuff, but I really enjoy this. Very Floydish, but at the same time different, more mellow. Does anyone else have it? What are your thoughts?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've seen the commercials for it, and it does sound Floydish. I'm going to get it.

3. I have heard the song On An Island, it's good I keep singing it to my self, so I will probably buy the disk. I have a solo disk simply titled David Gilmour I found it in a bargin bin. It's from 1978. It to is Floyd sounding but slightly different. There's No Way Out Of Here is a really good song from that disk. CHOM 97.7 FM out of Montreal would play it once in a while.

4. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    I bought the album the day of release after hearing 'On an Island' on the radio. I think its a fantastic, sort of floydian sound and very atmospheric. Its the only one of his solo albums that I've liked.
    In the Uk last week radio 2 played a live set recorded for them, it included some off the new album along with a couple of oldies. Rick Wright played keyboards and sang Comfortably numb, bit of a dodgy voice, but who cares.
    Then BBC digital where also playing on TV 3 of the songs. I just wish it was longer. Guy Pratt was on bass playing what looked like a 50's style P Bass, twin Pups and a Graphite neck, could have been Modulus.

Mike

5. I haven't heard any of his solo stuff, but all your reviews seem to say the same thing to me: BUY IT!!
    I'll check it out.

6. britrit

britrit

Jan 22, 2006
    London
    I've got it, and I like it alot. Very mellow. I'm seeing him in May!