1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

davison basses good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ~Ethan~, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    I did a search and didn't find anything that answered my question.

I've been seeing these davison basses on ebay and they look really good. But a little too good for the price. The seller has really good feed apperantly but I don't know.

Does anyone have any experience with this seller and his basses?

I was looking at this little beauty just now and was wondering.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PRO-8-STRIN...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Thanks!

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Hi! my friend has a 5 string its a lefty so i could not really play it he paid like 120$ for it which is a fine price for it not bad worth the price if u can afford it i would buy it , certainly looks good:) nice neck set

3. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    I bought one of the Davison Flying V copy basses. Long story short: It looks great but was virtually unplayable out of the box. (though it did arrive with a crack in the finish where the body meets the neck; even the replacement one they sent had a crack as well). Needed a fret leveling, new nut, new pots. The hardware and pickups were okay, but I'll probably be replacing those as well.

For $120-180, they're okay as project basses, but an SX for roughly the same price will stomp them.