1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DBX AFS 224 Feedback destroyer

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by FuzzBoxVoodoo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Hey All,
    I just picked up a DBX AFS 224 for my monitors and I put it just before the amp,I read the manual several times and have been able to get everything dialed in and working well (I think).
    I set the Fixed filters at 24 and the Live filters at 12 like the manual recommended,are there any other tweeks that anyone has found for these units?

2. They work better in an insert (before the aux fader) than they do in line (after the fader). The hotter signal seems to help them out.

You can also set the width of the filters a few different ways, in a really ringy room a wider filter might be better.

I'm not really sold on those things, I had one of those for a while and found I did better with my ears and a 1/3 octave EQ. Of course I was mixing rock bands who wanted screaming loud monitors in the worst acoustic environment imaginable. It might be just fine under sane conditions.

3. I can allready see that eliminating feedback with an EQ would be better but playing the role of sound guy while Im playing bass myself and trying to keep up the stage energy is alot to do and this might help to eliminate one more headache.
    I will look to see if I can patch it in through an Insert.