dead bass guitar?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rob24_, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rob24_

Rob24_

Jun 1, 2019
    Hello, I recently bought a sire v7, and i really loved it, but when i plugged it in today, I almost crapped my pants. i got an extremely loud static noise. i thought the batteries were maybe dead, so i switched to passive, which resulted in an extremely lpud pop. no sound. Then, I realized than when i touched any metal parts that were somehow in contact with the preamp, the noise got way louder. Any idea what this could be? Maybe the internals are fried? I'm luckily still covered by thomann so i should be able to get it working again, but if it's something i could fix at home, that would be better. thanks in advance...

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Sounds like a short in one of the connections. It's likely something you could fix at home if you're handy with a soldering iron and basic electronics debug. If not, take it to a pro or contact Sire if it's still under warranty.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021