dean jeff berlins . . . where?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fnsweeeet, Jan 24, 2009.

1. i have read a decent bit about dean jeff berlin signature basses (not the basic model that m*sic123 carries), but i cannot find them anywhere on ebay, talkbass, or the big box music stores. the thin neck, 34 inch, passive barts are very nice. any idea where/how i get one? are they still available anywhere?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    have you tried google? i just got hits when i entered jeff berlin dean bass..

stores are selling them..

3. Rezlax31

Rezlax31

Feb 14, 2008
    I think they recently discontinued the really nice Czech made ones. It's a shame I wanted one. Maybe try ebay?

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    stores are still selling them. google is your friend.

5. the only ones i can find online are the "basic" model which has dean pickups, not barts, and the "player" model, which is active. the signature model that is on the dean page has passive barts, and i cant find it anywhere that my browser can take me.

6. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    A guy near me is constantly advertising one on craigslist for $400 - signed by Jeff - I just asked the man himself if it could be genuine. Its new.

7. deekay, just checked charleston sc craigslist (the location that youre showing) for "dean", or "jeff" or "berlin", but no luck with anything relevant. any other info on this?

8. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Can't remember the last time he advertised it - possibly xmas time, but it has been on there maybe 6 times over 6 months. He may have sold it and withdrawn the ads. I bought a mic from him a couple of months back and looked at it myself. If i still have his email addy I will shoot it over to ya

9. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    See if you can find a Peavey Palaedium. It's the bass that Jeff designed for Peavey back in the early 1990s. Basically, it's his original "sig" bass. The Palaedium is a USA-made bass with 35" maple neck (with graphite rods), ebony fingerboard, alder body, Badass bridge, and passive Barts. Tone and feel are supposed to be first-rate.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021