1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DeBarge! Tommy DeBarge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassramos, May 25, 2011.

1. bassramos

bassramos

Feb 13, 2006
    Chicago North
  2. Wanna give your thread some love...yes this is a tear-jerkingly good song :D

3. LOL!
    oh wait, were you serious? :bag:

4. It's all right if you don't like it; it's not "Metal" to like DeBarge. I love DeBarge and this song, though :D

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He looked like he owned stock in Soul Glo :D

6. LMAO!

7. Don't get me wrong, I nearly succumbed to the awesome jheri-curl myself, but only *just* escaped its magnetism. Though it makes me wonder if a such a righteous curl ever surfaced in metal...

8. Good question!

9. I get to do *I like it* in a(mostly)chick band. And I am SO white.

10. I'm jelly. I wanted to do "I Like It" so badly in my last band. Wasn't metal enough though :atoz:

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Whats the best jheri curl for metal?

The other day, on the bus home from El Paso, there was this old dude rocking a jerhi curl toupee. It was kinda metal.

12. I know I wouldn't mess with that guy!

:bag:<me in his presence

13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Meh. I haven't seen any of those guys in probably close to 25 years, but Tommy was a real self important **** stick last time I had the pleasure of talking to him. Must have been 1986-87.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

14. Phalex I remember that story! Some people I'd rather not meet in person :D

15. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Made me cry too! :D But seriously, I like the song.

Friedrich

16. Da Bassics

Da Bassics

Nov 27, 2012
    Tommy is one of the most underrated bassist in 70s early 80s music smh tommy was pure beast man smh

17. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    He does his "thang" on the 1st Switch lp