1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Debra Killings, Taste and Tone!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I finally found a copy of her 2003 CD, Surrender. This woman deserves serious airplay and bassists should really try to cop her feel. This is a vocal CD, and she is a great singer, but man she can play some great fills! She also has one cut, "Oh I" which has about as funky a bass riff as anything I have heard in thirty years! Although her spiritual orientation is 180 degrees opposite, her sense of funk is comparable to Me'Shell N'Degeocello. I have a new heroine!

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Yea, pretty tasty! I think she picked-up a lot of style and feel from F. Hammond. Nice CD!!

3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I have been on that CD for the past year and a half. The group I play in actually plays a couple of her songs. Very tasty and excellent grooves to comp. She has also done extensive work for a lot of groups from Atlanta(Outkast, TLC, Xscape, Usher) as well as gospel work.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I picked up her live DVD last year.....she can play :bassist:
    Beautiful too :D

5. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Yeah I got the cd and dvd and she definatly has the chops and voice.

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    oh for sure,each person her band is tight,especially the drummer,and the guitar player who also plays bass very well