Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Debra Killings !

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hands5, Nov 20, 2004.

1. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I would like to know if any of you TB'ers heard and seen this young lady play because if you haven't,please go to your nearest Block Buster Video and Rent the dvd Debra Kilings Live if you can.
    I truly think that a great deal of TB'ers will love the way this lady grooves and here impeccable since of time is refreshing too see,but what really is hot on this dvd is here guitar player who's name is John picks the bass up while she sangs,and also the drummer is off the hook" ! hey the wholw band is tight !.Btw I'm sure most of you cats here at TB who live in the Atlanta area knows about this chick"
    She is a great player-not to mention she is very attractive.

2. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I have her CD and I do agree on all counts. She is a nice groove player and her sense of time is unique. Also not bad on the eyes. We have to add her to the Bass Babes thread.

She has produced and played for a variety of Atlanta artist. Outkast, Xscape, Usher, and the rest I can't remember. She also has sung background for a lot of people too. Plays drums and I think piano. Tha all around perfect lady.

3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Here are some shots. Enjoy

4. BP said her main bass is a Squier Precision 5-
    what pickups/other mods are in it- anyone know? (surely it can't be stock with the feeble B string response from the standard pickups?)

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I wouldn't be suprised if it was stock.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hey, what can I say?! We ATL bassists rule!!!!! :bassist:

7. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I was watching a documentary for the new "Alfie" movie soundtrack, its really great and she plays on it.

8. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I think that title still goes to the Philly" bassist,but as far as the babes that are there in the ATL I just have to say OH MY GOODNESS ! :hyper: Also I think her main bass is the Yamaha John Pattitucci 6 string bass that she is playing on her live DVD"Surrender

P.S.major props to the babe(katoi) in the outkast video

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

:D