Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Debra Killings

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Little G, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hi All

I recently bought Debra Killingd live DVD from Amazon.

I bought her Surrender album about 12 months ago and love the songs her voice and her bass playing.

I recieved the DVD a few days ago and put it on. I was blown away. this girl can hold down a serious groove while singing her heart out at the same time.

If you have a spare $18 I would seriously consider this DVD, I can promise you won't be dissapointed.

2. Hey G,
    I have heard her stuff too. She was also featured in Bass Player a few months back. Apparently, she's also doing a lot of studio work with black gospel and R n B artists.

She's also very beautiful. :)

3. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Basso Gruvitas

Yeah she does a lot of gospel stuff. You'd be suprised at the acts she has played with, backing vocals and produced.

She certianly is :cool:

4. G,
    Tell me more about this DVD. Do you know where it was recorded? I guess she played with a live band and not tracks (I HATE tracks!)

I'll do a search on Amazon!! :D

5. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Basso Gruvitas

You can get it from Amazon.com and .co.uk

It's a live dvd with tracks from the Surrender album, not sure where it was recorded though.

Full line up Drums, 2x guitars, drums, keys, backing vocalists and of course Debra on bass. There are a couple of songs where one of the guitarist take over on bass and she takes one of these on keys, but the rest is all Debra on bass.

It also has an interview with Debra on the extras.

She is an extremely talented bass player as well as singer and producer.

You can also cehck out her site @Debra Killings Take a look at the Discography and you'll she how diverse she is.

6. Thanks man!

Very talented lady.

Are you familiar with Joanne Rosario? She's not a bass player but a very talented singer/songwriter. Fred Hammond is her producer.

7. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Basso Gruvitas

Not not heard Joanne Rosario (or may have have inadvertently). I'll have to check her out ;)

Another thing is with Debra's music is, if this music was played at church I'd be there every night :cool: