1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decent (Free?) Band Collaboration Tools

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MetalSearGolid, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MetalSearGolid

MetalSearGolid Cyperpunk Cowboy

Aug 29, 2013
    Michigan, USA
    My situation is this: my band and I are having trouble with remote communications. I thought using a Facebook group to post announcements, practice schedules, etc. would be a good medium to communicate with everybody, but not everybody in the band wants to use Facebook every day. I can understand this because of the addictive nature of Facebook (e.g. you log in to do one thing and all of a sudden you've wasted two hours on your news feed, I have this problem too).

I considered using just plain emails, but my bandmates don't understand the concept of "Reply All" so it's becoming frustrating using email as a comm tool for group conversations.

Are there any good band collaboration tools out there? Something for maybe 4-5 members that sends email/sms notifications when updates are posted. Mobile support is a big plus, too (e.g. Android/IOS apps). Chat features would also be a big plus. I did some quick googling and found some tools, but they all cost money (some are subscription based too >_<). I was wondering if there are any good free tools, or if anybody here uses a paid service that they would recommend so I don't pay for a service that doesn't work well, doesn't have good support, etc.

TL;DR; Are there any private social networking tools built for team collaboration out there for small groups of people? Preferably with a focus on music collaboration and communication between bandmates, but any tool will do.

2. You can use FB messenger as a stand alone app for IOS/ droid. No need to be on the actual site. Notification and all

3. MetalSearGolid

MetalSearGolid Cyperpunk Cowboy

Aug 29, 2013
    Michigan, USA
    I've tried this, still nothing. Either way I'm trying to use FB as little as possible myself so I'm in the same boat as the guys who don't want to use Facebook. My FB usage spiked again after I started trying to collaborate with it :p

4. Chris_R

Chris_R

Oct 18, 2013
    You can try a web based collaboration tool like proofhub which allows you to post announcements, schedule practices and also you can share files be it of lyrics or video files of any song.