1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decisions...HELP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassguitarist08, Oct 18, 2006.

1. bassguitarist08

bassguitarist08

Jun 12, 2006
    Well all I could use some serious help on this one.

I am currently looking to buy an electric guitar (for rock purposes--mainly rhythm guitaring). And I cannot choose what to get.

On Musicians friend you can find these

Epiphone Les Paul Transparent Blue (Elite if possible--the elite is made with Gibson parts, just under the Epiphone label = cheaper).

Or a Fender Telecaster--These things are classic but I still really love the Les Paul.

Also:

Either the Spector Legend 4 4 string - Slate Gray

or a Fender P - Bass (Color Choices are needed for this one as well. Please provide some)

Please give a detailed response of your decision...so that I have something to base my choices off of. Thanks Guys!

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you're considering an Epiphone Les Paul, the Elites are nice, but check out a Joe Perry Boneyard. The Epi JP Boneyard comes with USA Gibson Bursbucker pickups, which IMO sound great! And that flamed "tiger" top doesn't look too bad...

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=229&CollectionID=6

They sell for about $800 new.