1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deleting Talkbass Account

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by J-Building, Jun 27, 2012.

1. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    How is it done?

2. Just walk away, unless you are trying to hide something.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    First there's a thread about it. Than everyone piles on and flames you. Then you say something like "screw you guys, I'm goin home!". Then in something like three or four months, someone posts a link to this thread in a thread you start about how TB is so awesome.......

Or you could just PM a moderator and tell them you want to commit suicide.

Option one has a lot more potential IMO........

4. I'd advise you to not post naked pictures.

This is a bad idea.

Do NOT do it.

twinjet likes this.
  5. f64

f64

Oct 31, 2009
    Just contact one of the moderators. They can assist you.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    OK. I'll be the first to ask.

Why do you want to delete your account?

7. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    I thought I'd never see one of these posts.

I'm trying to tie up loose ends on the Internet. I've been deleting accounts from sites that I no longer visit. It's what I'd like to believe is the first step in reducing my visibility on the internet. Based on what I've been able to dig up in the past, I find that there's so much that we put out there that we don't even remember.

8. that's usually the best stuff.

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    The mods won't usually delete all of your old posts (unless they are offensive on a case by case basis). You can however just walk away. I remember the mods saying if you want to change your username it requires the entire forum to be shut down or something to that effect so they don't like doing it.

10. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I don't see this as a rage quit either and think the passive aggressive trolling is a bit unnecessary.

11. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Err, from the name "J-Building" I really have no way to connect you to an actual human being. If you want, you could edit all your personal info so that's inaccurate relative to you (different age, location, delete the list of gear you own and so on). That should cover you well, but then I've never had a skiptracer on my tail...

12. You can check out anytime you like,but you can never leave.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

13. You're kidding, right?

Once You type something on the 'net, its there forever. Stored somewhere safe by the..., well..., You know who ;). AFAIK all videos aren't copied and stored YET due to the bandwidth and storage limitations, but let me assure You, the people you're trying to "reduce your visibility" from, will always have an acess to the material you've posted in the past.

Asking the mods/admins to erase the data from the TB database (or any other sites database for that matter), so us mundanes can't find/view it will do you no good. No harm either though.

As fenderhutz said, it's unlikely that the mods will even delete Your posts. Not without a very good reason anyway.
    Up to a point, You can do that by yourself, just as some TBers have done after some major trainwreck threads.

IMHO the best way to slip under the radar, is to STOP USING THE NET alltogether. Every click You make, every site you go to, and every sentence you type, is recorded and stored somewhere for future use. Whatever that use may be.

:)

Regards
    Sam

14. Drop-D

Drop-D

Mar 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    The best way to cover your tracks on the internet is by being conscious of what you are doing the first time around.

If there is nothing in particular you're looking to sweep under the carpet I would think avoiding the site all together is sufficient enough.

15. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Not true. In 2 seconds I just found out the guys name, plus a whole lot more. Luckily for him there are lots of guys with the same name. 10 in his city alone. :)

To OP, I have no interest in investigating you. Actually just wanted to +1 the "nobody's going to know who you are", but it ain't so.

There are times I wanted to just delete it all too. At one time many moons ago it was possible. I think it still should be, although I can understand why it's not. We should at least be able to change our names to protect the innocent. Perhaps that could be something for the suggestion box? If we want to quit we can be given some anonymour name like anon-01.

16. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Not like this. Good god man, have some dignity!

17. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    I know exactly how you did it.

Also, I'm not just trying to delete everything that I can. I'm trying to get rid of accounts that I no longer use.

18. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Break the rules and wait for a mod to find it.

19. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    ...or make it entertaining. RAGE QUIT.

20. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Dick pics.