1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Delicious

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pennydreadful, May 6, 2006.

1. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    So, I bought a brand new set of flats for my old Teisco (had a set of dead-as-hell rounds on it, so I figured flats would be a comparable replacement), fixed the strap pin that had broken off, and bought a new strap (straps and cables seem to just vanish into thin air all the time...sorta like socks and underwear).

My god, it's like a whole new beast. The new strings sound great (there was this unpleasant buzzing and overall weakness on the low E, but that seems to have disappeared) and now that I can finally strap it on again, I can actually use it for practise and gigs.

I'm just really happy that my favourite bass is back in business, and better than ever, so I figured I'd share.

Here's a photo for those who don't know-
    xcvwap.
    (not my pic, but it is my bass)

2. Strange... and actually pretty cool.

Glad you've been able to pull it out and play it again.

3. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    Woa.. that headstock is quite something.

Anyways, the body shape is one of the best looking I've ever seen.. and it looks like it would be a party to play. :D

4. i dig the matching headstock PG :)

5. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Very cool. A friend of mine gave me a '60s Teisco guitar and it is fun to play. Unique but cool sound too. I'd love to have a Teico bass.

6. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    what's that big white thing by the neck pickup? is it a switch? if so, it is huge.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I love those Teiscos, especially the ones with the striped pickguard like yours, and their Mosrite copy too.

8. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    It's a pair of on-off rocker switches- one for each pickup.

I love that bass. It has the best neck and best tone of any bass I've ever played, not to mention just how cool it looks. I'm so excited to have back in top shape.

Oh, I dunno if anybody noticed, but it has one replaced tuner, and that 'headstock pickguard' is only held on by the tuners and a single screw up at the top corner. You gotta learn to love the quirks.

9. That has to be one of the most bizarre head stocks I have seen. Quirky yet kinda cool :cool: